Every year, in honor of NSHSS co-founder Claes Nobel, NSHSS invites 25-30 impressive members from around the world to Stockholm, Sweden to partake in intellectual lectures at Stockholm University, cultural immersion in one of Scandinavia's most magical cities, and the opportunity to meet and hear from the year's current prize winners.
For the safety of our members and their families, Nobel Week 2020 was held virtually this year. On Monday, December 7 NSHSS members, parents, and educators gathered for a Nobel Webinar to kick off the celebration. The event started with a presentation from Ms. Elisabet Idermark from Stockholm, Sweden who taught attendees about the history of the Nobel Prizes. Then, past Nobel Week participants joined the stage to discuss what it was like to attend this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, the excitement of meeting Nobel Laureates, and how this event has impacted their lives. We wrapped up the event with a Q&A session and more information on how you can join Nobel Week in December 2021!
Watch and enjoy the recording of the Virtual Nobel Event!
Virtual Nobel Week Schedule:
Virtual Nobel Week Resources
Take a virtual field trip all the way to Gamla Stan (Old Town) in Stockholm and learn about the history of the Nobel Prize and all the Nobel Laureates since its inception.
Hear from Nobel Laureates and the world's leading policy makers and scientists on one of the most relevant topics of the year: learning and how education can help create a better future: the future we want.
Be sure to register for this free event here!
Get a Glimpse of the 2019 Nobel Prize Award Ceremony!
Just because the actual banquet is cancelled doesn't mean we still can't celebrate! Stay tuned for video broadcasting links for the 2020 prize acceptances.
Congratulations to the 2020 Nobel Laureates!
Click each winner below to read more about their remarkable discoveries!
The Nobel Prize in Physics 2020:
• Sir Roger Penrose, University of Oxford, UK
• Reinhard Genzel, University of Berkeley, USA
• Andrea Ghez, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
The Nobel Prize in Medicine 2020:
• Harvey J. Alter, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
• Michael Houghton, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
• Charles M. Rice, Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2020:
• Emmanuelle Charpentier, Max Planck Unit for the Science of Pathogens, Berlin, Germany
• Jennifer A. Doudna, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
The Nobel Prize in Literature 2020:
• Louise Glück, New York, NY, USA
The Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences 2020:
• Paul R. Milgrom, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
• Robert B. Wilson, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
The Nobel Peace Prize 2020:
• World Food Programme (WFP)